Tuesday, July 21, 2015

graffiti Bridge pt. 2




 




The art of culture of Graffiti had been seen in movies and documentaries worldwide. Being the backdrop to some of the most influential and iconic films. One of my favorite of all time, being a Prince fanatic is Graffiti Bridge. A rock doc where Prince meets Aura an angelic poet who loves writing poetry by the bridge. She is proceeded by a symbolic feather that follows her and suddenly
appears before she dies in a tragic car accident. The indie film unlike its predecessor, the iconic cult movie, PURPLE RAIN, was nominated for 5 Golden Rasberry awards including worst film, worst actor, and worst director ironically is one of my favorite roc docs. Maybe just because every female, not just Prince fans, only dreams of a guy who will spend the day with them listening to their love poems and sweet anecdotes right before they make love. The part where he comes saves you on his motorcycle is just an icing on the cake. Love inevitably should be like a fairy tale.
The Good girl meets bad boy scenario will akways be alluring. Thus is the story of my life. The moment where you know you long for the quiet happy ending is the same moment you realize you life is not a fairy tale. As a young woman who loves music, art, and poetry it seemed constant in my life that I was never content with the good guy who could save me, there was always the Morris Day character who was aggressive, arrogant and flamboyant that dated girls of the opposite lifestyle that I would run back to. It's true that life and love is very complicated. The good part is that before I turn 30 this year I have crashed many times, but I realized after years of life lessons, hurt, and pain my best moments were "Right Around the Corner."

No comments:

Post a Comment